Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving horror continues for Steelers

What is left to say after the Steelers disappointing 20-22 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night . . . 



I'm not mad that the NFL scheduled the Steelers for two consecutive road games within 4 days; I'm not mad that Emmanuel Sanders dropped a game-tying 2 point conversion attempt; I'm not even mad that the pass was thrown to him; I'm not mad that Le'Veon Bell had a touchdown taken away because a Raven defender knocked his head off; I'm not even mad that no flag was thrown on the play even when it would certainly have been thrown against a Steeler if the situation was reversed; I'm not mad that Shaun Suisham blew a field goal try; and I'm not even mad that ALL of the national coverage is focusing on whether or not Coach Tomlin tried to interfere with Baltimore's receiver trying to run back a kick-off.

What pisses me off is that Steeler Nation had to sit through more ineffective play calling (Bell to the left, Bell to the right, and Bell up the middle on 3rd and stupid--was literally the first three play calls on the night from Todd Haley) . . . BEFORE we go to the no-huddle (which IS effective).

Thanksgiving horrors past:

1998: Steelers lose 16-19 in OT because Phil Luckett blew the coin-toss.

1983: Steelers lose 3-45 to the Lions.  Cliff Stoudt.



No comments:

Post a Comment