Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Immaculate "Impression"

December 23, 2012, 9:37 a.m. Eastern Standard Time . . .

I heard my wife say, "I'm impressed" as I hobbled down the stairs on crutches and my foot in a walking cast.

"Who are you impressed with?" I asked, careful not to fall and break my neck as I negotiated the narrow turn of our stair case.

"With all of you," she said.  "When I woke you three up at 9 and said you had to be ready to go to mass by 9:45 -- I thought you'd never make it."  You see, when my wife came down stairs at 9 this morning (already ready to face the day) she found myself and my two sons sprawled out on our large sectional where we had crashed the night before.  And, in 45 minutes time we had to be cleaned, dressed and presentable for mass (not to mention that one of us is still recovering from surgery to repair a torn achilles).

Yet, somehow, the three us managed to pull it off--untouched by the disappointment of failing to meet expectations--and thus, from henceforth let this day -- December 23rd -- be known as the Feast of the Immaculate Impression . . . as well as the Feast of the Immaculate Reception, of course.



How interesting that this blessed event in the Steeler Face Family occurred on the day of the 40th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception.  Maybe this is a sign of things to come today . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment